Goodness Digestive Enzymes
1. Protease (Pepsin, Trypsin, and Chymotrypsin)
Protease Enzyme helps in the breakdown of proteins in foods into amino acids, which the body can thus use for energy. It plays several other roles in essential processes, such as blood clotting, cell division, recycling of proteins, and immune support.
Amylase Enzyme helps to digest starches and complex carbohydrates to smaller molecules (glucose). This gives the energy needed for the brain, physical movement, and exercise.
Lipase is an enzyme that digests fats and oils so the intestines can absorb them. It hydrolyzes fats such as triglycerides into their fatty acid and glycerol molecules. It is an enzyme that is present in the blood, gastric juices, pancreatic secretions, intestinal juices, and adipose tissues.
Bromelain is an enzyme found in the stem and juice of pineapples. It helps digest proteins.
Papain is an enzyme found in papayas. It digests protein and helps reduce inflammation and other disorders.
Lactase Enzyme helps in the breakdown of lactose (a sugar found in milk and other dairy products). People who do not produce enough Lactase on their own need to take Lactase supplements with other digestive enzymes to help the body digest milk and dairy products. People take Lactase supplements to avoid experiencing symptoms of Lactose Intolerance when consuming dairy products. These symptoms include Cramps, Diarrhea, Gas, and Bloating. Crucial for building and maintaining healthy bones, calcium is essential for blood clotting, proper functioning of muscles, and the sending and receiving of nerve signals.
Glucoamylase Enzyme breaks starches into glucose usable by the body. This encourages smooth digestion and helps deter common digestive upsets.
Cellulase Enzyme breaks the cellulose plant fibers into beta-glucose and short-chain polysaccharides. Most species of bacteria, fungi, and protozoa produce cellulase, but humans do not. It helps to hydrolyze cellulose into the simple sugar beta-glucose.
Xylanase Enzyme is produced by fungi and bacteria. Humans do not produce Xylanase, but our gut bacteria do. It breaks Xylan which is part of plant cell walls.
Hemicellulase enzyme takes the eaten non-cellulose polysaccharides (long chains of sugars) and converts them into usable constituents. This is crucial for the breakdown of fruits, vegetables, and many grains.
11. Alpha Galactosidase
Alpha Galactosidase Enzyme hydrolyzes molecules from glycolipids and glycoproteins found in complex sugars. It helps in the breakdown of the Polysaccharides and oligosaccharides found in food such as peanuts, beans, lentils, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
Beta-Glucanase Enzyme hydrolyzes Beta Glucans (Polysaccharides made of Glucose molecules linked into long chains that humans cannot digest. They are cellulose plant fiber, cereal bran fiber, and parts of types of fungi, yeast, and bacteria, reducing viscosity). Beta-Glucanase helps to revitalize natural peristalsis. This enhances digestion, which increases the overall nutritional value of food. In addition, Beta-glucanase helps people who suffer from an overgrowth of Candida fungus.
Pectinase Enzyme helps with the digestion of plant-based foods rich in Pectin (a fiber that makes up the cell wall of many fruits and vegetables). It increases the nutritional and Prebiotic value of edible plants. Prebiotic provide the food in the digestive enzymes that feed probiotic microorganisms.
Benefits of Digestive Enzymes
- Management of several digestive diseases that involve organs responsible for making digestive enzymes. This includes the Exocrine Pancreas, which produces Pancreatic Enzymes, and the small intestinal brush border, which produces Lactase.
- Managing Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) in chronic pancreatitis, Pancreatic Cancer, Cystic Fibrosis (CF), and Diabetes.
- Lactose Intolerance management
- Improve the digestion of gluten peptides, so they are useful for those with celiac disease.
- Digestive Enzymes relieve symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and Crohn’s disease or Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Having sufficient digestive enzymes contributes to the well-being of the digestive system, and also to the overall well-being of the person.
- Having 13 digestive enzymes in the Goodness Digestive Enzymes formula is powerful and helps make sure you do not have any deficiency.
Pancreatic Enzyme Supplementation
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
EPI is a life-threatening condition associated with several pancreatic diseases, such as Chronic Pancreatitis, Acute Pancreatitis, Cystic Fibrosis, Pancreatic Cancer, and because of Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic surgery.
There are three groups of Pancreatic Enzymes according to their various functions:
- Proteolytic Enzymes (Protease)
- Amylolytic Enzymes (Amylase)
- Lipolytic Enzymes (Lipase)
Goodness Digestive Enzymes are useful Pancreatic Enzyme supplements because each capsule (445 mg) includes:
- Protease Enzymes
- Protease (derived from aspergillus oryzae)
- Bromelain (derived from pineapple fruit stem and core)
- Papain (derived from papaya fruit)
- Amylase Enzyme (derived from aspergillus oryzae)
- Lipase Enzyme (derived from aspergillus oryzae)
The suggested dosage of Goodness Digestive Enzymes as Pancreatic Enzyme Supplementation is 1 to 2 capsules per meal.
Lactase (β-Galactosidase) Supplementation
- Lactase (β-Galactosidase) deficiency is the principal cause of lactose malabsorption.
- It is an enzyme produced by intestinal villi that can hydrolyze lactose into galactose and glucose.
- Secondary hypolactasia can result from any damage to the small intestinal mucosal brush border or an increase of the gastrointestinal transit time.
- Lactose intolerance occurs when lactose malabsorption causes gastrointestinal symptoms between 30 minutes and 2 hours after drinking milk or eating dairy products.
- GIT symptoms associated with lactose intolerance include:
- Cramps in the lower belly, bloating, or pain
- Loose Stool
- Foamy Stools
- One way to treat lactose intolerance is to avoid milk products. This could cause a lack of important nutrients and vitamins, such as calcium, vitamin D, riboflavin, and proteins.
Goodness Digestive Enzymes aid in relieving GIT symptoms caused by Lactose Intolerance. It contains Lactase Enzymes derived from Aspergillus Oryzae (1,000 units per capsule). The recommended dose of Lactase for those with Lactose Intolerance is 2,000 to 4,000 units per meal. The suggested dose of Goodness Digestive Enzymes is 2 to 4 capsules per meal.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
IBS is a common disorder that affects the large intestine. Its symptoms include cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation.
The foods that trigger the symptoms of IBS include:
- Bread and cereals made with refined (not whole) grains.
- Processed foods high in fat, such as potato chips and cookies.
- Dairy products, such as cheese and those related to diarrhea.
- Food and drinks with chocolate
- Fructose, Sorbitol
- Fried and fatty foods
- Dairy products
- Foods with wheat for people allergic to gluten
Goodness Digestive Enzymes contains the following ingredients which help with IBS:
- Protease, Amylase, and Lipase Enzymes: The major digestive enzymes in humans.
- Bromelain and Papain Enzymes: Help in the digestion of proteins and peptides.
- Lactase Enzyme: To digest lactose and relieve Lactose Intolerance symptoms such as cramps, diarrhea, gas, and bloating.
- Glucoamylase Enzyme: Helps digestive upsets and gastrointestinal issues such as heaviness, lethargy, bloating gas, and loose stools.
- Cellulase, Hemicellulase, Xylanase, Pectinase, and Beta-Glucanase Enzymes: Helps with gas or intestinal discomfort.
- Alpha Galactosidase Enzyme: Reduces intestinal gas and helps people with gluten intolerance and other carbohydrate sensitivities such as IBS.
This page is also available in Arabic language.
Digestive Enzymes and Digestive Enzyme Supplements: By John Hopkins Medicine
Proteolytic Enzymes (Proteases) – Uses, Side Effects, and More: By WebMD
Amylase By Wikipedia
Lipase By Mount Sinai
Bromelain Uses, Side Effects, and more By WebMD
6 ways to use Papain By Healthline
Lactase tablets or capsules by Cleveland Clinic
What is Glucoamylase by Arthur Andrew Medical
جودنس دايجيستيف انزايمز
جودنس دايجيستيف انزايمز جودنس دايجيستيف انزايمز هو مكمل غذائي من ١٣ انزيم هضمي لدعم الهضم الصحي، تقليل أعراض متلازمة القولون العصبي ومرض كرون ومرض السيلياك، ومكمل للإنزيمات البنكرياسية، وزيادة امتصاص العناصر الغذائية. ما هي إنزيمات