Premature Ejaculation is one of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction. It affects most men at some point in their lives. It is an uncontrolled ejaculation that happens before or shortly after sexual penetration, with minimal sexual satisfaction, and before the person wishes to finish.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
- Early sexual experiences
- Sexual abuse
- Anxiety and Depression
- Worrying about premature ejaculation
- Guilty feelings and or relationship problems that increase your tendency to rush through sexual encounters
- Erectile dysfunction. Men anxious about obtaining or maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse might form a pattern of rushing to ejaculate.
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Abnormal levels of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
- Inherited traits
How to Manage Premature Ejaculation?
Standard treatment options for premature ejaculation include behavioral techniques, oral medications, and topical products.
- Avoiding intercourse for some time and focusing on other sexual play to remove pressure from the sexual encounters.
- Stopping sexual stimulation just before ejaculation, wait until the level of arousal has diminished, and then start again. This approach is known as the stop-start technique.
- Antidepressants: have side effects
- Analgesics. Tramadol (Ultram) is a medication commonly used to treat pain. It also has side effects that delay ejaculation.
- Phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors. (Viagra, Revatio), tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) or vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn) might also help with premature ejaculation. Unwanted side effects might include headache, facial flushing, and indigestion.
- Condoms / Personal lubricants might decrease penis sensitivity.
- Topical pharmaceutical anesthetics: Anesthetic creams and sprays that contain local anesthetic agents, such as benzocaine, lidocaine, or prilocaine. Reduces sensation and helps delay ejaculation.
- Have side effects. (temporary loss of sensitivity), (decreased sexual pleasure)
- Repeated use causes local anesthetic resistance.
- Natural delay products such as Alphamale Gel.