Vitamin D3 and Original Fish-Oil based Omega 3 Supplementation with Natural Citrus Flavor to Support Healthy Growth Of Children's Brains, Bones, and Immune Systems.
What is D-Omega Drops?
D-Omega Drops is a supplement product that supports the development of the brain and visual system. It comprises natural fatty acids and medium-chain triglycerides high in the Omega-3 DHA/EPA. DHA/EPA is essential for developing babies and contains healthy levels of Vitamin D.
The human brain grows at an incredible rate during the first few years of life. During this period of rapid growth, the brain is especially sensitive to nutrition, particularly the Omega-3 DHA/EPA which are the primary building blocks of the brain tissue. Adequate intake of DHA/EPA is essential for proper brain and visual development and remains necessary throughout life to maintain healthy nervous system development.
Vitamin D enhances calcium absorption for strong bones. It also helps to regulate immunity, mood, and the neuromuscular system.
Omega-3 fatty acids benefits
- Children need Omega-3 fatty acids for every stage of their development. It boosts their brains, strengthens their immune systems, and lifts their mood. It also improves behavior, reduces anxiety, and improves language.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are the most critical building blocks of the brain–they are essential to get through diet or supplementation.
- DHA/EPA (parts of Omega-3 fatty acids) are essential for normal brain function. They help improve membrane fluidity, so nerve impulses, or messages, transmit more effectively.
- Early omega-3 exposure may reduce the incidence of children’s allergies, as a recent 2017 article reported that eating oily fish or fish oil supplementation in pregnancy helps prevent infant and childhood allergic disease, whilst a study in infants from birth to 6 months found that omega-3s could change markers of immunity and potentially be protective against allergies. In addition, another recent study (2016), reported a reduced incidence of persistent wheezing or asthma at ages 3 to 5 years in children whose mothers took fish oil during pregnancy.
- Studies show that children with higher levels of Omega-3 in their blood have better results in school than children with an Omega-3 deficiency.
- Required daily intake for children: At least 50–250 mg of combined DHA/EPA.
Vitamin D3 Benefits
- Vitamin D3 has a significant role in building strong bones, teeth, and a healthy immune system–helping the body to fight off infections.
- The Irish Osteoporosis Society has called on parents to keep vitamin D3 intake top of their minds.
- Kids who do not get sufficient vitamin D3 are at increased risk for rickets (softening and weakening of bones in children, poor growth).
- A more recent article in Pediatrics says there has been a marked increase in the diagnosis of vitamin D deficiency in children over the past decade.
- On the Vitamin D Council webpage, there is information about the importance of Vitamin D3 for the body and how it is not only important for bone growth but also how vitamin D3 deficiency is a risk factor for many diseases, including heart disease and cancer.
- It’s difficult to get the amount of vitamin D3 a child needs from food, so pediatricians recommend dietary supplements.
- Required daily intake of Vitamin D3 for children: 400-1000 IU of Cholecalciferol.
Each dose (20 drops) contains:
- 167mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids (equivalent to 50 mg combined DHA/EPA)
- 400 IU Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
- 167 mg of Omega-3 fatty acids are equivalent to 24% of Daily Adequate Intakes (AIs) of Omega-3 fatty acids according to the U.S Food and Nutritional Board of the Institute of Medicine and the National Academy of Medicine.
- 400 IU (10 µg) of Vitamin D3 is equivalent to 40% of the maximum recommended daily intake for healthy children up to 8 years old, according to JFDA requirements.